Practising good eating habits
1. For good health, we need a balanced diet that gives us different nutrients in the amount our body needs.
2. We must eat a variety of food because different foods have different combinations of...
1. The large intestine does not secrete any enzyme.
2. Water, minerals and vitamins are absorbed by the large intestine.
3. Peristalsis is slow in the large intestine.
4. Undigested and unabsorbed matter in the...
1. The movement of digested food through the walls of the small intestine into the blood capillaries is called absorption.
2. Absorption takes place because of diffusion.
3. Adaptations of the small intestine for...
1. Digestion is the process of breaking down large food molecules into smaller soluble molecules that can be readily absorbed by the body.
2. Digestion occurs in an eight-metre long tube called the gut or alimentary canal.
1. Diet refers to the food we eat.
2. A balanced diet is a diet that contains all the seven classes of food in the right amounts.
3. The amount of food or energy that a person needs depends on several factors:
1. Food is collection of chemicals taken into an organism for the following purposes:
(a) It provides energy for cellular activities.
(b) It provides raw materials for growth and repair of worn-out tissues.
(c) It keeps the organism...